Current and Past Lab Members, who make the lab go round
Our lab forges deep expertise in climate and data science, with alumni now enjoying stable positions in academia or industry.
- Alexander James (PhD student; started Fall 2019)
- Jordan Landers (PhD student; started Spring 2022)
- Zeynep Karaibrahim (undergraduate senior thesis; started Spring 2022)
- Shreya Agrawal (undergraduate researcher; started Spring 2022)
- Deborah Khider (honorary member): Deborah is now Research Lead at the University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute (artificial intelligence division) but remains a co-conspirator on a number of projects. Together with Nick McKay and J.E.G., they form the leadership of the LinkedEarth organization (see projects) and its myriad offshoots.
- Feng Zhu graduated in May 2021 with the PhD thesis Seeing the Future through the Lens of the Past: Fusing Paleoclimate Observations and Models. He is now assistant professor at the Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
- Jun Hu graduated in May 2019, with the PhD thesis Flowstone Ideograms: Deciphering the Climate Messages of Asian Speleothems. He is now an associate professor at Xiamen University.
- Sylvia Dee graduated in May 2015 with the PhD thesis: A multi-model framework for high-resolution paleoclimatology: tracking signals from climate to proxy systems via water isotope systematics. After a postdoc at Brown University, she is now an assistant professor at Rice University.
- Jianghao Wang graduated in May 2015 with the PhD thesis: Taking the temperature of the Common Era: statistics, patterns and dynamical insights. She is now a Data Scientist at The Mathworks, Inc.
- Michael Erb Assistant Research Professor at Northern Arizona University
- Maud Comboul, Assistant Professor at University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis
- Dominique Guillot, Associate Professor (Mathematical Sciences) at the University of Delaware.
- Adam Vaccaro, Scientific Applications Software Engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Yuxin Zhou, now a PhD from Columbia University, soon to start a postdoc at UCSB.
- Tiffany Tsai, Data Scientist at Zillow
- Jill Hardy, Research Associate at the National Weather Service’s Warning Decision Training Division