Our lab forges deep expertise in climate and data science, with alumni now enjoying stable positions in academia or industry.
- Alexander James (PhD student; started Fall 2019)
- Jordan Landers (PhD student; started Spring 2022)
- Zeynep Karaibrahim (undergraduate senior thesis; started Spring 2022)
- Shreya Agrawal (undergraduate researcher; started Spring 2022)
- Deborah Khider (honorary member): Deborah is now Research Lead at the University of Southern California Information Sciences Institute (artificial intelligence division) but remains a co-conspirator on a number of projects. Together with Nick McKay and J.E.G., they form the leadership of the LinkedEarth organization (see projects) and its myriad offshoots.
- Feng Zhu graduated in May 2021 with the PhD thesis Seeing the Future through the Lens of the Past: Fusing Paleoclimate Observations and Models. He is now assistant professor at the Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology.
- Jun Hu graduated in May 2019, with the PhD thesis Flowstone Ideograms: Deciphering the Climate Messages of Asian Speleothems. He is now an associate professor at Xiamen University.
- Sylvia Dee graduated in May 2015 with the PhD thesis: A multi-model framework for high-resolution paleoclimatology: tracking signals from climate to proxy systems via water isotope systematics. After a postdoc at Brown University, she is now an assistant professor at Rice University.
- Jianghao Wang graduated in May 2015 with the PhD thesis: Taking the temperature of the Common Era: statistics, patterns and dynamical insights. She is now a Data Scientist at The Mathworks, Inc.
- Michael Erb Assistant Research Professor at Northern Arizona University
- Maud Comboul, Assistant Professor at University of Nice Sophia-Antipolis
- Dominique Guillot, Associate Professor (Mathematical Sciences) at the University of Delaware.
- Adam Vaccaro, Scientific Applications Software Engineer at NASA’s Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Yuxin Zhou, now a PhD from Columbia University, soon to start a postdoc at UCSB.
- Tiffany Tsai, Data Scientist at Zillow
- Jill Hardy, Research Associate at the National Weather Service’s Warning Decision Training Division